Saturday, November 8, 2014

Winter Jam 2014!

Hey guys! Sorry I'm posted this week! There was actually a reason for that. Other than me being sick and miserable for the beginning of the week (still a little sick right now), I wanted to do a recap on The Winter Jam. I went with probably the best group ever. Keeping in mind the fact that I've been to the Winter Jam before, I kind of had a picture of how it was going to go. So, you know, before the show I was getting ready. Pen tattoos, nail polish, hair straightened, you know. After that, my awesomeeeee group picked me up and we were on the way there!!! Of course we had to play with the auto tune app on the way there and sing random songs. So, in line we just talked. And we were in line for like two hours, btw. There were about 15 thousand people there and we were towards the middle of the line. It was literally winding around the venue and down the street. So, they actually had to start the concert later than planned. But even with the delay, we still missed the pre-show...which was sad 'cuz I really wanted to see Everfound. But, one of the members of 'About a Mile' came out and preformed for us while we were waiting, which was nice.  Once we got in, the concert was so full, we had to get a balcony seat. But it was ok. We saw Colton Dixon first. He KILLED IT!!! Seriously, he just insanely good. Then after a short performance from the tour's founders, Newsong, my boy, Trip Lee came out and played. He is literally my favorite rapper by the way so, you can imagine how much of a crazy, screaming fan I was in that moment. One of my best friends I had gone with actually asked me after the performance if I was still alive. :P So then, Disciple came and literally melted face with the rock show they put on with smoke and some crazy lights. Then, Mr. Jeremy Camp came out and of course, was great. Then, we had a fifteen minute intermission. During that time, it was a "run for your life" type moment. We all wantede to get band merch but everything was so spread out. So, sadly, we got back in time to catch Francesca Battistelli's last song. But it was okay. I got a Trip Lee shirt which I'm actually wearing now. Then, Hillsong came. Can I just say that they throw a phenomenal show?? Not only did they have such energy and passion, but they also brought out the heart of worship. Everything was forgotten in that moment. It was just thousands of believers coming together for a moment of worship. And it was powerful. And after-show, it was too late to meet anyone but, I left satisfied with the fun, fellowship and fantastic awesomeness. I'd seriously do it again next year. :) ~KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment