Monday, April 18, 2016

When to rejoice and when to mourn

Biggest pet peeve.
I'm in a miserable mood and someone else is just raving about how happy they are after blowing off what I have to say with a simple "I'm sorry."

The bible says we should rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn.
There's essentially nothing at all wrong with optimism. But when it makes another person feel hurt or rejected, that's when you need to take a step back and consider what they're feeling at that moment.

Sometimes acting overly excited and happy when someone is sad can be worse than making fun of them.

I mention it because it happens all the time to me.
People blow off how I feel and rave about how happy they are. It can be really mean, in all honesty.
I never want anybody else to feel that way, which is why I choose to obey Romans 12:15:


Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.


Being kind isn't always being happy. It's always being there, relating to a person and being able to support and talk to them when they need it.

~Kiah

2 comments: